Dove Hunting Season Opens 9/1/2013
REMEMBER A LICENSE IS REQUIRED
NORTH TEXAS ZONE Sept 1 – Oct 23, 2013 Dec 20, 2013 – Jan 5, 2014
CENTRAL TEXAS ZONE Sept 1 – Oct 23, 2013 Dec 20, 2013 – Jan 5, 2014
SOUTH TEXAS ZONE Sept 20 – Oct 27, 2013 Dec 20, 2013 – Jan 20, 2014
SPECIAL WHITE WING AREA Sept 20 – Oct 23 2013 Dec 20 2013 – Jan 20, 2014
It’s important to follow the dove hunting tips below for a successful Texas dove hunt:
- Please keep your gun safety on at all times when around other hunters.
- Important: When a game warden comes by, unload your gun, take your license out, have three shells in your hand when you check to see if your plug is in.
- The best way to hunt is to move twenty yards into the field, sit down, and face the trees.
- Never shoot over a road or highway – it’s against Texas law. Leave your gun in the field if you need to retrieve a bird – don’t take it by the road.
- Always warn others you are about to shoot!
- Have someone stand watch when cleaning your birds, because dove always fly over you when they think the hunt is over.
Dove Hunting Gear
Below is the essential dove hunting gear you will need when dove hunting in Texas:
- A hunting license
- A shot gun
- Camouflage clothing
- Snake pants
- Comfortable quarter top boots
- Bring plenty of water
- A game bag
- Sweat headband
- Freezer bags
- Disposable gloves
For all Neighborhood Watch Tuesday Tips, click here: Tuesday Tips