It’s that time of year again when it gets dark earlier and colder. Here are some safety tips for the upcoming season:
- If you have any lights on timers, you may want to reset them so that they come on at the right time.
- If you know that it will be dark when you return home, turn on your outside lights.
- Leave a light on inside your house so you don’t walk into a dark house.
- Get your chimneys cleaned before your first fire in your fireplace.
- Make sure you use the correct logs if you are roasting hot dogs or marshmallows.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Put together a safety kit for your vehicle. Include items such as a blanket, non perishable food, water, hand warmers, flares or reflective triangles, first aid kit jumper cables. You can add pretty much anything to your kit.
Your Neighborhood Watch
For all Neighborhood Watch Tuesday Tips, click here: Tuesday Tips