Here you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question not answered here, please e-mail the resident board members or the committee your question is regarding.

What if I do not hear back from Jim Smitherman regarding a voice mail or email I sent to him?
Give him 48 hours.  If you do not hear back from him, email the board at waterleafboard@gmail.com

What do I do about animal control, nuisance animal issues, and concerns?  
The Kyle Police Department and/ or Kyle Animal Control can assist homeowners and residents with animal control, nuisance animal issues, and concerns.  Please call 512-268-3232 for assistance.

How do I keep my dog(s) within my fence boundary?
Chain link, welded woven wire or chicken wire buried below fence level for diggers.
Keep all fence planks in good repair.

How do I reserve the pool/park pavilion?
To be eligible to reserve the pavilion you must be in good standing with the HOA regarding fees. (For renters, your landlord must be in good standing.)   We have instituted a new protocol for reserving the Pool and Park Pavilions. You can go to the Waterleaf Falls website (www.WaterleafFalls.com) and click on the link. Or, you can go directly to www.supersaas.com/schedule/Waterleaf_Falls_HOA/Amenity_Reservation_Calendar. You will need to create an account and agree to the rules. A deposit will no longer be required; however, if the HOA needs to ask the porter service to come out and clean up, you will receive a bill on your HOA ledger as to the porter service charges.


How many guests are allowed for a pool pavilion party?
The pool pavilion holds a maximum of 20 guests and all guests must remain within the pool gates.

How many guests are allowed for a park party?
The park pavilion does not have a maximum. Please note that park parties cannot go in and out of the pool area.

My pool key doesn’t work, who do I contact?
If you have any issues with your pool key, contact the property manager, Jim Smitherman via e-mail or by phone at (512) 502-2114 so that he can look in to the problem for you.

What options are there for internet service?
At this time the only high speed internet option is Time Warner Cable.

How do I report a violation?
If you see a violation please use the Goodwin Management Company report link. This includes violations regarding lawn maintenance of vacant homes.

How do I pay HOA fees or set up a payment plan?
For questions regarding payment plans, please contact Jim Smitherman of Goodwin to set up or check status at 512.502.2114

Mail payments to:

Waterleaf Falls
c/o Goodwin Processing Center
PO Box 93447
Las Vegas, NV 89193-3447

(Be sure to include your association name and property address on all payments.)

How do I join a committee?

If you are interested in joining a committee, please use the form on the Contact page to e-mail the committee you would like to join for information on the next meeting.  Or, if you see the date for the next meeting you are welcome to show up and ask how you can help!

What are the duties of the Waterleaf HOA Board of Directors?
Acting through the board as a whole, a board member should:

  • Enforce the documents
  • Establish sound fiscal policies and maintain accurate records
  • Develop a workable budget, keeping in mind the needs, requirements and expectations of the community
  • Establish reserve funds
  • Act on budget items and determine assessment rates
  • Collect assessments
  • Review local laws before passing rules or sending bylaws to membership for approval
  • Appoint committees and delegate authority to them
  • Select an attorney, an auditor, insurance agent and other professionals for the association
  • Provide adequate insurance coverage, as required by the bylaws and local governmental agencies
  • Inform board members of all business items that require their vote
  • Inform members of important board decisions and transactions
  • See that the association is protected for the acts of all parties with fiscal responsibilities
  • Attend and participate at meetings
  • The authority to assess and collect periodic dues from each homeowner to pay for the budget.
  • The authority to levy special assessments for items outside the budget—for example, to pay for unforeseen repairs needed to the clubhouse roof after a huge storm.
  • The power to adopt rules and regulations.
  • Authorize legal action against owners who do not comply with the rules